Sunday 30 January 2011

Airborne Wind Energy on TV and at TED

Great exposure for Ampyx, SwissKitePower


After a protracted blog-silence whilst I finished my phd thesis (now submitted!) I'll now be updating the blog again whenever there is news to report. 2011 should be an exciting year for Airborne Wind Energy, with more new startups, established energy and engineering firms moving in and some exciting projects in the pipeline.

To start things off, here's a video featuring Swisskitepower which is to my knowledge the first feature on Airborne wind energy on French TV, congrats to Corey and the team for the publicity!


Also Bas Lansdorp from Ampyx Power had a slot at TED Amsterdam, it's a brief talk but has some nice shots of the kiteplane and probably the best shots of their winch system to date. They seem to be making good progress and Bas is a great ambassador for the technology.


1 comment:

  1. Very interesting topic will bookmark your site to check if you write more about in the future. I have just bookmarked this site for future reference. Compare Energy Rates

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I finished my PhD on Evolutionary Robotics in Airborne Wind Energy applications in 2010. Since then I have been working in industry in the area.